Saturday, February 7, 2015

Lavishly's Picks Saturday MASL Week #16

Milwaukee -2.5 @ Wichita +2.5 over/under 11.5  The Wave just beat down the Revolution at home with the greatest of ease, but now they must go and face a quality Wichita team that is looking to make their way into the playoffs.  Wichita is 4-3 at home so far this season, and Milwaukee is 5-4 on the road.  This one is tough to call because I think that the B-52's will play the Wave close, but I don't think that they will win.  I say Milwaukee barely covers and the game goes over.

Harrisburg +5.5 @ Detroit -5.5 over/under 25.5  It's never easy to win in Detroit, but these lines are all off and should be easy to call.  First of all, the game will not go over 25.5.  It seems that Massey Ratings is a little confused over MPS.  I will say Harrisburg comes within 6 goals of Detroit because the Heat seem to be getting better, but they just struggle to play a complete game most of the time and give up soft goals that kill them.

St.Louis -3.5 @ Tulsa +3.5 over/under 15.5  Tulsa is still terrible.  Ambush cover and the game stays under.

Dallas -1.5 @ Oxford +1.5 over/under 13.5  This game will be interesting.  Oxford has improved exponentially over the course of the season and this game looks to be a preview of the first round of playoffs in the Southern Division.  I will give the points to Oxford at home, and with both teams having quality goal keepers I will bank on the game staying under 13.5.  I have been keeping my eye on the Sidekicks.  If they can get a complete team together and get hot at the end of the season, then they might have a good chance to go deep in the postseason this year.

Monterrey -4.5 @ Brownsville +4.5 over/under 11.5  The Flash should be able to cover the points on the road, but this game goes over 11.5.

Sacramento +5.5 @ Ontario -5.5 over/under 17.5  The last time these two teams played each other Ontario barely escaped with a win, but that was in Sacramento.  In Ontario I think that the Fury can cover the points, but the score stays under 17.5.

Baltimore -7.5 @ San Diego +7.5 over/under 16.5  Things don't look so good for the Sockers despite the Legends handing the Blast their first loss of the season last night.  It seems unlikely that Baltimore will lose 2 games in a row, but given that they are on the road, they just played a game that went into overtime, and they still have to travel might take a toll on the Blast that could help SD.  The Sockers Legends will be in the house tonight to get honored and watch the game.  I am stoked about that.  I have some autographs that I want to try and get.  Does anyone remember last year when the old school Sockers came out to watch a game?  I do.  The Sockers clammed up, and Las Vegas jumped out to a 7-1 lead in no time.  San Diego was able to chip away at the lead in what turned out to be an exciting game in which the Sockers ultimately lost.  If the Sockers cough up points like that against Baltimore I can guarantee you that the Sockers don't climb back.  Baltimore is a well coached team that will be ready for the game tonight.  They just got slapped by Vegas.  Was that a wake up slap?  The classic "get a hold of yourself!" slap to the face in which the recipient says "Thanks, I needed that."  The big thing that scares me, or more accurately, the lack of the big thing, is the absence of  Nick Perera.  All offensive roads flow through Nick Perera, and with out him on the field I fear that our offense will be left wanting.  I will give the points to the Sockers in this one, because it is unlikely that we lose by 8 points, and I will stick with the unders because you know this is going to be a low scoring defensive game, at least for a while.  Don't get me wrong, I think that the Sockers have the recipe to win tonight at home, but it calls for 2 cups of "Sockers Magic!"    

No comments:

Post a Comment