Thursday, December 11, 2014

Lavishly's Picks

        To be honest with you, I was kind of getting bored with what I was doing before, so I am going to change up the way I am writing about the game of indoor soccer in the MASL.  I decided to use the expert predictions at Massey Ratings to aid me in writing about the MASL.  Remember Lavishly Handicapping and THE INDOOR OUTHOUSE does not condone gambling on these predictions.  This is all for funzies.  I enjoy blogging about the MASL in my spare time, and these predictions give me something to write about. I hope you enjoy.

Las Vegas -0.5 @ Turlock +0.5 over/under 12.5  Las Vegas is desperate for a win after giving up their last game at home to the Fury and going 2-4 on the season so far.  Turlock is a very good team who is even harder to beat when they are at home.  Turlock is coming off three tough losses in a row ,the last two against really good teams, and I doubt they lose four in a row.  Turlock wins, and I think they go over 12.5

Milwaukee +6.5 @ Baltimore -6.5 o/u 14.5  These two teams play each other twice this weekend, and I think Baltimore wins both games.  In the first game I would think that Baltimore covers, but in the second game I would give Milwaukee the points.  My guess is that travel fatigue will be a slight factor in the first game, plus it is the Blasts real first true test of the season, and in the second game, Milwaukee will find a way to keep it closer.  The first game goes over, and the second game stays under.

Hidalgo -3.5 @ Saltillo +3.5 o/u 16.5  Satillo has struggled so far this year, but the fact that they are playing at home is worth a few points, especially against a Hidalgo team that has been in flux these past few weeks.  I would give Saltillo the points, and stick to the overs.

Seattle +4.5 @ San Diego -4.5 o/u 10.5  The spread on this one seems like it is on the money, it is a hard one to call, but I think that they will score over 10.5 combined points for sure, especially after that poor showing that they had last week.  Seattle doesn't seem to shabby lately and should be able to find a way to score at least 5 total points.

Detroit +0.5 @ St. Louis -0.5 o/u 15.5  Detroit seems to be finding out how to win games this season, but on the road against a decent team like the Ambush will be a challenge.  I think that the Ambush pull out the win, but the game stays under 15.5.

Wichita +7.5 @ Missouri -7.5 o/u 19.5  Wichita seems to have caught a spark with their new coach and pulled off a big win against the Mustangs last week.  Missouri also pulled off a big win last week against Chicago at home.  7.5 seems like a lot of points so I will give the B-52's the points, but I think the game stays under.

Harrisburg +10.5 @ Syracuse -10.5 o/u 18.5  10.5 seems like a lot of points, but this is a MPS game and the Heat are terrible.  The Heat lose #6 of 20, and Syracuse covers 10.5 doing it.  This game goes over 18.5.

Las Vegas -3.5 @ Sacramento +3.5 o/u 11.5  Sacamento have not won a game, and they will not win this game.  Vegas finds a way to score more than 3.5, especially against a week team like the Surge.  I would take the overs, I don't think that the Surge can hold back the offensive weapons that the Legends have,

Tulsa -0.5 @ Oxford City F.C. +0.5 o/u 14.5  Oxford City is having a better year than I thought this season, and with the addition of Farias, should be able to out score a team like the Revolution.  Oxford  wins this game, and I think they hit the overs.

Tulsa +5.5 @ Dallas -5.5 o/u 13.5  Dallas gets back Nestor Hernandez and hosts a team who will be playing their second game in a row.  I think that Dallas covers 5.5 in a complete blow out of the Revolution at home.  I also think that this game goes over 13.5

Detroit +2.5 @ Chicago -2.5 o/u 12.5  If their is one team that has almost always found a way to give the Mustangs trouble, it is the Waza Flo.  Detroit is catching their stride both offensively and defensively and should put on a good show in Chicago.  The Mustangs just lost two games in a row and will be looking to right the ship at home.  I would give Detroit the points in this one, but I think they will cover the overs.

Oxford City F.C +1.5 @ Hidalgo -1.5 o/u 13.5  This will be the second game for both teams, and I think this prediction is right on.  If I had to guess I think that Oxford will come within 1.5 points, but I have a feeling this game is a low scoring affair, so I would think that it stays under.

Seattle +3.5 @ Ontario -3.5 o/u 12.5  Ontario is hot off of a win at home and is sitting in the second place spot in the Pacific.  Seattle will just be coming off of a loss in San Diego and will be fatigued from travel.  The Fury's offense seems to be taking shape in these past few games, and I think that they will both cover 3.5 and score enough points to hit the overs.

Saltillo +7.5 @ Monterrey -7.5 o/u 15.5  Monterrey has done a good job of piling on points at home, and against a Saltillo team that has already played a game, they should have no trouble pulling away from Rancho Seco and both covering 7.5 and hitting the overs.

No comments:

Post a Comment