Friday, December 26, 2014

Lavishly's Picks MASL Week #10

Sacramento +2.5 @ Seattle -2.5 over/under 19.5  Seattle seems to be improving on the field, and Gordy Gurson has been having a stellar year finding the back of the net.  At home I think that Seattle can cover the 2.5 points, but I don't think that Sacramento can score enough for both teams to combine for 20.

Syracuse -8.5 @ Harrisburg +8.5 over/under 23.5  The Silver Knights almost hung 20 on the Heat last time they played, so 8.5 should be no problem.  Also, in their last game against each other, Syracuse alone covered the overs, but the Heat have a better record of defense at home, so I will take the unders.

Ontario +0.5 @ Turlock -0.5 over/under 13.5  Turlock haven't lost at home yet this year, but they haven't had any luck against the Ontario Fury.  With the way Turlock fell apart in their last game, and how Ontario seems to be coming together as of late, I have to think that Ontario has a good chance of ending the Express' home winning streak.  Ontario and Turlock both seem to be improving offensively, so I will pick the overs in this game.

St. Louis +2.5 @ Chicago -2.5 over/under 14.5  Chicago had a great come from behind win last week in Detroit, and now they host the Ambush, who are also coming off of a single point win over Detroit.  I think that Chicago will pull out the win in this game, but I don't think they will do it by three, so I will give St. Louis the points.  I will take my chances on the overs in this game.

Baltimore -7.5 @ Rochester + 7.5 over/under 20.5  The Blast and the Lancers meet for the first time this season, and Rochester is riding the momentum from their shoot out win against Syracuse last week.  Since it is the first time that Baltimore is seeing Rochester, I will go out on a limb and give the Lancers the 7.5 points, and what the hell, lets go with the unders for this game.

Dallas -2.5 @ Oxford City +2.5 over/under 12.5  Oxford City F.C. seems to be the most improved team in the MASL.  They have won 3 straight games and are 6-3 on the season.  The Sidekicks are coming off of a sham of loss to a now defunct team in a game with some uneven whistles, 83% of the penalties going in favor of the home team. Even though Oxford has won 3 straight, the wins have come against teams with losing records.  I think Dallas covers, and the game goes over.

Detroit +6.5 @ Milwaukee -6.5 over/under 11.5  Milwaukee is not going to hang 7 points on the Waza Flo, and the game is going over 11.5

San Diego +5.5 @ Missouri -5.5 over/under 18.5  I don't think that the Sockers will win this game, but they are not going to lose by 6.  I don't remember the Sockers ever losing by 6 since 2009.  This will be a good "how do you do" game as San Diego will make Missouri fans sweat this one out.  18.5 seems high for this one, so I will stick with the unders.

San Diego -3.5 @ St. Louis +3.5 over/under 12.5  The key for the Sockers is not loosing both road games.  Both St. Louis and San Diego will both be playing their second game of the weekend, so their fatigue level should be a little closer.  I will go with the points for St. Louis, and I will go with the overs.

Ontario -2.5 @ Sacramento +2.5 over/under 17.5  Ontario covers the points against the Surge, but 17.5 seems just a little high.

Saltillo +1.5 @ Oxford City -1.5 over/under 16.5  At home Oxford covers the points, they are playing very good soccer lately and Rancho Seco has yet to win a game.  16.5 seems really high to me for an over under, but Oxford is capable of putting up some points, especially when Totti and Parente get hot, so I will go with the overs.

Monterrey -6.5 @ Brownsville +6.5 over/under 13.5  Monterrey just seems to be able to hang a grip of points on the Barracudas when ever they play each other, so I will take the Flash covering and the game going over 13.5.

No comments:

Post a Comment