Thursday, December 18, 2014

Lavishly's Picks MASL Week #9

Thanks to MasseyRatings.com for providing these predictions.  I did good last week, picking correctly 73% of the time, and I doubt, based on how I did on Thursday night, I will come close to that this week.

Las Vegas -1.5 @ Saltillo +1.5 o/u 15.5  Saltillo is not having that great of a season this year, and it shows in their record.  The winless Rancho Seco are playing their 4 straight home game, and against a team like the Legends, win number 1 is unlikely.  Las Vegas is too good defensively, and if they can get their offense to show up they should be able to get the win with ease.  Las Vegas covers, and after getting burned on the over under in the Seattle vs Ontario game I will go with the overs.

Baltimore -6.5 @ Syracuse +6.5 o/u 22.5  The undefeated Blast go into Syracuse to take on the 2-3 Silver Knights.  William Vanzela has been absolutely stellar so far this season in goal, and if he keeps up his level of play, Syracuse is going to need some luck to counter Vanzela's skill.  Their offense is extremely balanced, making it hard for defenses to guard, and their penalty kill is flawless so far.  The last time Baltimore came into the War Memorial they won by a score of 11 to 4.  This time around Baltimore wins again, and I will go with the overs, only because I am writing this after getting screwed by the unders in the Seattle Ontario Game.  I have a feeling that will come back and haunt me.

Sacramento +5.5 @ Turlock -5.5 o/u 14.5  Goals are hard to come by at Turlock, but the Express are usually good for at least 10 goals at home.  Sacramento has struggled so far, but they are due for a game where they come within a few points of winning, right?  What the hell, lets give Sacramento the points and go with the overs.

Dallas -5.5 @ Brownsville +5.5 o/u 13.5  This will be Dallas's first time playing outside this year, but not their first time against the Barracudas.  The last time they played each other the Sidekicks took the Barracudas down with a final score of 14-2.  Nestor Hernandez is back and I think he is due for a break out game with at least some goals and an assist.  If he and Lovegrove can get it going on offense, they should have no trouble covering five and a half.  13.5 seems pretty low for a Dallas game, considering that only one game has been under 10 combined points in which the Sidekicks have played.  Dallas covers and the game goes over.

Tulsa +9.5 @ Milwaukee -9.5 o/u 14.5  Milwaukee just lost 2 on the road, and what better way to shake off the losses than to slaughter the Revolution at home.  It seems like good teams always beat Tulsa by at least 9, so I will pick Milwaukee to cover and I will take the overs.

Chicago -2.5 @ Detroit +2.5 o/u 13.5  Like many teams have found out, earning a win in Detroit is never easy.  Detroit will be playing with extra fire in their bellies because they just lost to the Mustangs in a tough and hard fought game.  Before losing to Chicago, Detroit barely lost a close one to the Ambush in St. Louis.  Chicago, on the other hand, is trying to hold their third place spot in the Central division and fend of the Wichita B-52's, who have an opportunity to win a string of games and put themselves in the top three.  Detroit hangs within 2.5 of the Mustangs, but the speed and skill of players like Vaca and Wilo put the game over 13.5.

Syracuse +0.5 @ Rochester -0.5 o/u 16.5  I like the Lancers at home against a Syracuse team that has already played a game this week.  Rochester picked up Basso from Ontario, and he is good for at least a goal.  From what I have heard these teams like to play a physical game against each other, and I think this game will be very exciting to watch.  I think Rochester pulls it off at home, and since I have picked the overs in every game so far, and I will pick the overs in the rest of the games, I think I will pick the unders this time.

Turlock -3.5 @ Sacramento +3.5 o/u 14.5  Should I give Sacramento the points at home?  I don't know.  I did in the last game, but I don't think I will give it to them here.  Tovar should be able to take what he saw in the first game and figure out a good game plan for the second.  Turlock covers, but does the game go over 14,5?  So far every game in Sacramento has been over 14,5, so I guess I will go with the overs.  Watch, this game come back to bite me in the ass.  I wouldn't be surprised.

Oxford City F.C. +3.5 @ Wichita -3.5 o/u 12.5  The B-52's seem to have new life breathed into them after making some changes to their team recently.  Last time these two teams played each other Oxford City made out with the 10-9 win, and Oxford seems to be one of the most improved teams from last year.  Wichita wins, but Oxford City gets the points, and this game is going over 12.5.  I think this is the first time these two teams play each other since Farias switched teams, I predict fireworks.

Dallas -1.5 @ Hidalgo +1.5 o/u 12.5  Dallas should be weathered from the game and the travel, but Hidalgo doesn't seem like the team they were last year, and Dallas should be able to pull away from Hidalgo by at least 2 points.  12,5 seems pretty low, so I will take the overs.

Las Vegas +4.5 @ Monterrey -4.5 o/u 10.5  The Flash seem to be winning at home by a lot of points, but Vegas so far has been very good on the defensive side of the ball.  Monterrey hasn't played for more than 2 weeks, and I think it will be hard for them to hang more than 4 on the Legends.  This game will most definitely go over 10.5, but I am unsure on the spread.  I will say Las Vegas keeps it within 4.5, but I could change my mind before that, it all depends on who makes the trip, and I will find that out when the Legends play Saltillo.

No comments:

Post a Comment