Saturday, December 6, 2014

Lavishly's Lines MASL Week #7

St. Louis Ambush @ Milwaukee Wave  A nice brand new black field, their first home game of the season, a team they have beaten twice before, 8-4 both time actually.  That black field is a trip, maybe they can turn out the lights, crank up the black lights, put the Wizard of Oz on the screens, and pipe in Dark Side of the Moon.  I would by a ticket, drink a bottle of Robitussin, and peep that show any night.  I guess since both times they played before it was 8 to 4 I will assume that I should base my lines off of that score.  Milwaukee -4 o/u 12

Hidalgo La Fiera @ Dallas Sidekicks  The news out of Hidalgo is less than comforting, no coach, players bailing, ugly situation that is.  I guess Dallas fans will be treated to a beat down at the AEC tomorrow night.  So Sidekick fans sit back, eat a slice of pizza, I hear from reliable sources that it is good, or maybe try the BBQ, that sounds delicious.  Dallas -5.5 o/u 14

Turlock Express @ San Diego Sockers  The Express have put on some good showing in the past at the VVCC.  They have some good talent and have been improving all season, but fell to the Impact in their last outing.  I expect this game to be tight in the first half, but then get away from the Express in the second.  But what the hell do I know, I am wrong all of the time, that is why for this game I got in contact with a real bookie working the streets of San Diego.  My brother in law told me about him.  He used him back when he got involved in high stakes beer pong, around the time Brittany Spears had a shaved head and made people feel sorry for her.  His name is Sleazy El, and all I had to do is find him and give him an offering of a six pack of Bartles and James wine coolers, and a bucket of fried chicken.  Dark meat.
        So I ventured down to the spot where Sleazy El is know to hang out, the Chuck E. Cheese on Sports Arena Blvd.  He is know to hang out there and set odds on the Skee Ball when he is not at the Old Town Train Station gambling on train arrivals with the bums.  When I found him he was in a heated discussion with some kids about being over the line on Skee Ball, but when he saw the fried chicken and the Fuzzy Navels he pushed the kids away, shoved the rest of his tokens and tickets in his pockets and instructed me to follow him.  "The fried chicken and cheap alcohol got your foot in the door man, but I require more" he said.  "What else do you want?" I asked. "Double double animal style, not lettuce." he stated.  "What about the fried chicken?" I said.  "That is for my pet cat man, Mr. Fluffy Booty has one hell of an appetite man."
        As we sat outside the In and Out watching the traffic turn off of Rosecrans and speed off down Sports Arena, Sleazy El finished up his burger and washed it down with a wine cooler.  Then he pulled a notebook from his back pocket and started to thumb through the pages.  "I got the lines on Lingerie Football League, whale watching tours, bum fights, traffic lights, CIF football, what do you need?"  "MASL" I said, "Turlock at San Diego"  "Ahh yes, Turlock.  Figgen Queeks Tovar, that dude can play man. I will give the line, but the over/under will cost extra."  "That's BS Sleazy El!" I hollered, "What do you want?"  "Give me a ride to Imperial Beach, there is a high steaks one armed chicken fight, Baja Rules, wanna go?"  So I thanked Sleazy El for the line, walked to the train station, and caught the Surfliner back to C-Bad to go skinny dipping in my brother in laws hot tub, without him knowing.  Your Welcome Billy. San Diego -2.5   

Brownsville Barracudas @ Oxford City F.C.  Oxford and Brownsville got something going between them, they are pretty evenly matched and had a close game in their last meet up.  F.C. is at home so I will give them the advantage.  Oxford City -1.5 o/u 11

Syracuse Silver Knights @ Detroit Waza Flo  I get the feeling that on the road Detroit Waza and Melvindale Arena Detroit Waza are two different animals.  Syracuse has some talent on their side, but have only found the win column once this season.  Detroit's season has  been a series of ups and downs so far.  This should be a fun game to watch with some physical play and some verbal exchanges.  Both teams have some strong personalities that should provide some good entertainment and some get the sparks a flyin.  Syracuse -1.5 o/u 14.5

Rochester Lancers @ Harrisburg Heat  The Heat lose game # 5 of 20.  Rochester - 3.5 o/u 16

Missouri Comets @ Tulsa Revolution  Missouri is riding high on the horse after dealing a terrible blow to the Mustangs at home.  Tulsa should be a cake walk for the Comets, who are undefeated on the season.  Missouri -8 o/u 16

Chicago Mustangs @ Wichita B-52's  Chicago is devastated after being abashed on the road by the Comets.  Wichita has a new coach and seems to have some momentum after winning against the Revolution.  I don't have a clue where to set this line, so I am going to the dice.  I say 1 die for the spread.  5.  And 3 for the over/under.  6, 4, 3.  There you have it folks, the dice have spoken.  The line is in.  Chicago -5 o/u 13

Turlock Express @ Ontario Fury  This will be a tough one for Turlock.  Ontario is riding a 2 game winning streak, they are playing at home, and are battling with the Express for second place in the Pacific Division. Tiguinho has come alive on offense, Piffer has found his groove on defense, and Sesay seems to be improving play with every game.  Tovar is still the Boss Hog on the Express.  He is the Ronnie Lott on defense, the Adam Oates on offense, and the Miguel Herrera on the bench.  Robledo can find the back of the net on offense, while Gutierrez can dish out the assists from the midfield.  Turlock plays them close.  Ontario -2 o/u 18

Sacramento Surge @ Seattle Impact  If I am watching this game, it is only because I threw my remote down the hall, I tore up the paper with all of my picks on it, and the Chargers are lookin like Chumps at the Q.  The Patriots are favored by 4, and it is hard not the think that New England will pull off the win.  I don't see Brady and the Hoodie loosing 2 in a row this late in the season.  A win for the Chargers would be absolutely massive, and even better for the Chargers' playoff hopes.  I would like to see a little more from Matthews in this game, but Gates and Oliver have been nice to watch.  SD is finishing out the season with a really hard schedule, but all the better to go into the post season on a hot streak and playing at out best.  Oh yeah the soccer game.  Seattle -6.5 o/u 17

No comments:

Post a Comment