Saturday, January 24, 2015

Lavishly's Picks Saturday Week #14

Rochester +11.5 @ Baltimore -11.5 over/under 22.5  The Lancers have been kind of up and down lately on the offensive side of the ball.  Guys like Hoxie and Salles have been the offensive mainstays as of late, scoring a lot of goals for Rochester, but at times the Lancers attack has been left wanting.  I am hoping that in Baltimore they can produce enough to keep the Lancers in the game and within 11.5 of the Blast, which is really 5 goals and some change, so I will go with the points for Rochester, and I will go with the under, I have a feeling that the Brothers Kapinos will play a strong defensive game and keep Baltimore out of the net.

Syracuse -8.5 @ Harrisburg +8.5 over/under 29.5  The Silver Knights cover against the winless Heat, and I don't think that Harrisburg can score enough to put the game over, so I will go with the unders.

Wichita +0.5 @ St. Louis -0.5 over/under 12.5  Even though the Ambush won the game last night, there were some times where they had scoring opportunities but couldn't finish, keeping the game from going over 14.5 and keeping me from getting my pick right.  The B-52's had the Ambush's number last time they met, but at home and after a warm up game against a bad Tulsa team gets them the win and enough goals for the game to go over.  Gordy Gurson seems to be fitting into the offensive side of the St. Louis game and is make their squad better as a whole.  I think Gurson can score 2 goals by himself in this game. Wichita has been improving with every game they play, and guys like Clare, Alverez, and Moseley will need to be kept in check if the Ambush are going to get the W.

Dallas -5.5 @ Brownsville +5.5 over/under 11.5  The Sidekicks seem to have the Barracudas number so far this season, so I will pick them to cover the 5.5 and I think Dallas could score 11 goals by themselves, so I will go with the overs.

Milwaukee -3.5 @ Detroit +3.5 over/under 12.5  I think Detroit is going to go into Milwaukee today prepared for the Wave and play a good game, they have yet to beat the Wave, and I don't think they will go down easily today.  If Detroit is going to pull off the upset they will need to keep LSO quiet, because he seems to be good for 2 goals every time they play each other, and for Detroit the key will be Miki Djerisilo.  If Miki can have a productive game and stay out of the box, the Waza Flo should be able to keep they game lose enough to where they are within striking distance of winning.  Detroit really needs someone to step up and play a lights out game on the offensive side of the ball and lead them to a victory, but MKE plays such a good defensive game, especially at home, that it will be a very tall order.  I expect Detroit to play a solid game and keep it within 3.5, and Both teams should be able to play enough good defense to keep the game under 12.5.  UPDATE!!!  I am a knucklehead, the whole time I was writeing this I thought that Detroit was on the road, but since they are playing at home I am going to keep my same pick Detroit +3.5 and the game staying under 12.5, but I will go ahead and say that I think the Waza Flo will pick up their first win against MKE and shock the MASL world with an upset win at home.

Chicago -6.5 @ Tulsa +6.5 over/under 14.5  The best thing that Tulsa did yesterday was change out their goalies, but against a faster team like the Mustangs with an explosive offense they will need a lot more.  They are playing on a neutral field, but that doesn't matter for the Revolution when you consider that the only average about 500 people a game. Chicago covers, but the game stays under.  But I guess this game will not be played, oh well, Tulsa needs some time alone to lick their wounds.

San Diego -4.5 @ Sacramento +4.5 over/under 15.5  San Diego pulled off the win last night, but Turlock was no easy task, despite the lopsided score, Turlock playing with a sixth attacker for as long as they did against a good team like the Sockers will pay off in the future. I was impressed with what they did, and it will only make them a better team.  The Surge are terrible.  San Diego covers and the game goes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment