Friday, January 16, 2015

Lavishly's Picks MASL Week #13

Baltimore -5.5 @ Milwaukee +5.5 over/under 16.5  This is the last game in their six game home stand, and probably their hardest.  Milwaukee is no slouch, especially at home, and the games in Milwaukee tend to stay lower in scoring so I will take the unders. The Wave have played enough quality opponents so far that I think they should be able to keep it close with the Blast, maybe even pull off the win, so I will give them the points in this one.

St. Louis +7.5 @ Missouri -7.5 over/under 15.5  7.5 seems like a whole lot of points for a team that has never lost to the Comets by more than 3. The Ambush lost a tough one on the road in Wichita, and they will lose again in Missouri, but not by 7.5.  The Ambush are a good team so I will give them the points, and I think I will go with the overs in this one since Waltman is out and Missouri will probably let in a few more than usual.

Rochester +2.5 @ Syracuse -2.5 over/under 24.5  This has been a fun rivalry to watch, very exciting games and passionate players and fans make it even better.  Syracuse seems to be pulling away from Rochester, and at home I have to take the Silver Knights covering 2.5 points.  24.5 seems like a lot for an over/under, but when you think about it, 24.5 points is only 12.25 goals, or 8.16 three point shots. Over.

Sacramento +5.5 @ Las Vegas -5.5 over/under 15.5  Sacramento has improved as a team over the past 5 games or so, but not enough to go into Vegas and get the win.  Vegas still feels the sting of losing the lead in the last 5 minutes of play against the Turlock Express before ultimately losing the game in overtime.  The Legends won't lose two in a row.  Las Vegas beat the Surge in Sacramento once already by 6 points, so I will go with the Legends covering 5.5 at home but the game stays under.

San Diego -5.5 @ Tacoma +5.5 over/under 15.5  I am glad the Tacoma Stars are in the MASL, but they will have a blunt "how do you do" as they are thrown into a game against a top team more than half way through the regular season.  Sockers cover and the game goes over.

Baltimore -11.5 @ Detroit +11.5  over/under 21.5  It is never easy to go into the Melvindale Arena and face the Detroit Waza Flo, and if you have been following THE INDOOR OUTHOUSE you know the reasons why.  I will give Detroit the 11.5 and this game stays under 21.5

Turlock +1.5 @ Ontario -1.5 over/under 13.5  Ontario keeps improving their roster and their on the field play.  Both Turlock and Ontario are playing for the second place spot in the Pacific Division, so this game has playoff implications riding on it.  All the games played by San Diego, Las Vegas, Ontario, and Turlock for the rest of the the regular season have a lot riding on them, because one of these teams season will end prematurely.  The Pacific Division race is very exciting and I can't wait see how it pans out.  I think that Ontario covers at home, and the game goes over.

St. Louis +0.5 @ Wichita -0.5 over/under 10.5  I was sitting in my car in the parking lot outside the Sockers game last Saturday watching the St. Louis at Wichita game unfold on my phone.  I knew that I wasn't missing much in the Sockers vs Heat game, and that the B-52 game, which was tied up at 5 for the majority of the 4 quarter, was the exciting watch.  It delivered, Wichita won the game at the end of an tense and action packed 4th quarter.  Afterwards I went into the Sports Arena and the game was 5-0 halfway through the 1st quarter, so I knew I didn't miss much.  Beating a team twice is a hard thing to do, so I will pick the Ambush to win, and the game goes over 10.5.

Oxford City +3.5 @ Dallas -3.5 over/under 13.5  The laughingstock of the league over the years has all of a sudden secured a playoff spot and turned the tables on the Southern Division.  These lines are all wrong, Oxford is the better team, but I will take advantage.  I will give Oxford the points and go with the overs.

Harrisburg +10.5 @ Syracuse -10.5 over/under 27.5  In case some of you don't know, I predicted that the Harrisburg Heat wouldn't win a single game this season back in the beginning of November, and unlike some of the terrible predictions that I saw some people make, and you know who you are, this one seems to be panning out. Syracuse covers and the game goes over.

Las Vegas -0.5 @ Ontario +0.5 over/under 13.5  This is a tough one, these two teams always play each other rough, and the last time they played it was a foul filled hack fest where the refs pulled a total of 12 blue cards and 4 yellow cards.  Ontario gave the Legends 5 power play opportunities, while the Fury were on the power play a whopping 9 times.  Holy Cow!  I am definitely going to watch this rematch it only to see if anyone brings a prison shank on the field, maybe a sharpened tooth brush or a razor hidden in the mouth.  I think that Ontario wins this one and it goes over, but I think that the other over unders is where the action is at.  I need to come up with an over for the number of punches thrown, the number of flops, the number of blue, yellow, and red cards, the number of times that the coaches are on the field screaming, and the number of cheap shots by certain players.  If anyone has any ideas let me know.

Tulsa +8.5 @ Chicago -8.5 over/under 16.5  Tulsa Stinks.  Chicago covers, game game goes over.

Saltillo +2.5 @ Monterrey -2.5 over/under 11.5  Saltillo doesn't stink as bad as the Revolution, but the Flash still cover the the game goes over.

No comments:

Post a Comment