Friday, January 30, 2015

Lavishly's Picks Friday MASL Week #15

Chicago +5.5 @ Missouri -5.5 over/under 16.5  What a good game to start SuperBowl weekend out with, and this should be a good match up.  Chicago has had virtually 2 weeks off ever since facing the Wave up in Milwaukee.  This will be a tough game for the Mustangs as they embark on a difficult final six games of the season.  Everyone knows what the Comets bring to the table, and especially in front of a home crowd.  Chicago really needs to do a good job of possessing the ball when Missouri dials up the pressure and not give away dumb turnovers and soft goals.  I think that Chicago will stay withing 5.5 points of the Comets, but I think that the game will stay under 16.5 in a defensive game.

Ontario +0.5 @ Turlock -0.5 over/under 13.5  The Fury have been beefing up their lineup latley, and I am interested and seeing what the product looks like on the field.  The Express gave up their first home loss of the season to the Sockers, but I was impressed in the way that they played their 6th attacker for a majority of the game, I think that will pay off in a crunch. It is hard to go against the Express at home.  On a neutral field I would probably take the Fury, but I don't think the Express lose 2 in a row at home.  Turlock with the win and the game going over. UPDATE Since Tovar no longer plays for Turlock, Then I change my pick to Ontario winning.

St. Louis -6.5 @ Harrisburg +6.5 over/under 22.5  The Ambush's strength is their defense, and with the addition of Gordy Gurson to a quality offense is the deal breaker for me in this game, plus the fact that St.Louis is coming off of a tough OT loss at home.  St. Louis covers the spread, and the game goes over 22.5.

Tacoma +6.5 @ Las Vegas -6.5 over/under 16.5  Las Vegas plays a physical style of indoor soccer and in the close confines of that friggen cursed Las Vegas Sports Park they should be able to defensively put a halt to what ever Tacoma tries to do offensively.  On the other hand, a place like LVSP is the type of field that the Stars are used to playing in, so that could work to their favor.  I say that Tacoma keeps it close, so I will give them the points, and in the smaller field they will keep the scoring down, so I go with the unders.

Saltillo -0.5 @ Tulsa +0.5 over/under 17.5  I want this game to go well for the Revolution, I hate seeing team teeter totter like Tulsa has done in the past few weeks.  I hope Tulsa wins, but this game stays under.

No comments:

Post a Comment