Thursday, November 6, 2014

Lavishly's Lines MASL Week # 3

Monterrey Flash @ Ontario Fury  Ontario opens up their season at home against a very good Monterrey Flash team that had a scoring party on the Barracudas at home to open their season.  This should be a really fun game to watch, and if I could make the trip up to Ontario, I would, but I can't.  Ontario has some good offensive weapons on their bench, and after a disappointing 20013-14 season, they should be on the list of teams that are contending for the playoffs at the end of this season.  I am guessing that the game is a close one with some spectacular goals from both sides.  Monterrey -1 over/under 17 

Brownsville Barracudas @ Saltillo Rancho Seco  A rematch of last week's game, but this time in Saltillo.  Brownsville won the game in exciting fashion last week, but I will bet against Brownsville winning two in a row against Rancho Seco in Saltillo.  I think that once again their will be a lot of scoring, the game will be close, but Saltillo pulls out the win at home.  Saltillo -0.5 o/u 20

Missouri Comets @ Chicago Mustangs  I can hear it now.  If Chicago wins, cries from the hoards of PASL fans from around the world will be heard lauding the greatness of the PASL, and how the MISL was, and will always be, the lesser of the two leagues.  On the other hand, if Missouri wins, the East Coast Bias will proclaim that this single game proves what they have known all along, that the MISL was the superior league.  Horse hockey I say.  Hogwash.  I think its a game at the beginning of the season between two good teams, and only that.  I understand that both teams were champions last year in their respective leagues,  but this year is a new season, with new teams, new divisions, and new rules.  Both leagues were good.  Both leagues had some good teams.  Both leagues had some not so good teams.  I see things as pretty balanced, but I could be wrong, and if at the end of the season the 6 former MISL teams hold the top 6 spots in the league, then I will have Ed Dravecky and Alan Balthrop cook me up a crow casserole.  Until then hold on to the overreaction and rash judgements.  Missouri has a game under their belt, and will be well prepared for the match.  Home debuts can be tough on teams, lots of emotions to control, and since this is Chicago's first game I think that they are actually at a disadvantage in this game.  Missouri -0.5 over/under 13.5    

Tulsa Revolution @ Wichita B-52's  Tulsa spent a good amount of time as a Deuce last season, and they have never won a game on the road, and they won't get their first win of the season in Wichita.  The B-52's win this game with ease.  Wichita -4.5 o/u 17

Hidalgo La Fiera @ Texas Strikers  When the Strikers win a game this season, then I will call them by their new name.  You can put a turd in between to pieces of bread, place it in the deli window with some pretty garnish, charge a high price, serve it with chips and a drink and call it a delicacy, but at the end of the meal, you still just ate a shit sandwich.  Hidalgo -6.5 o/u 15.5

Rochester Lancers @ Detroit Waza Flo  Detroit hosts a MISL team for the first time this season, and this one will be fun to watch.  The Waza had a comfortable lead through out their last game against the Heat, and again I think that the Waza will win this game.  I know nothing about the Lancers, but I can read, and when you read last year's MISL standings you will see that the Lancers only won 6 games last year.  They beat the now defunct 1-19 Pennsylvania Roar 4 of those times, and also picked up a win against the .200 St. Louis Ambush.  Detroit has a good win under their caps and are going into the weekend with some momentum.  Detroit - 2 o/u 14

San Diego Sockers @ Seattle Impact  The Sockers were a sloppy mess last week, and they really need to iron some things out on the field.  A game like this is much needed by the Golden Socks to address last weeks shortcomings, get some of the newer players plenty of touches, and build the confidence of the younger players.  Even though San Diego won last week, the adjectives used to describe the game were less than flattering.  "Ugly",  "Lucky",  "Crusty",  "Sloppy", and "Like Shit" were all words that I heard players and fans use to describe the game as I sat in my seat holding my daughter while my son jockeyed to get player's autographs after the game.  I have no clue what the Impact will look like, but I doubt it will be anything that can beat the Sockers.  San Diego -3.5 o/u 15.5

Milwaukee Wave @ St. Louis Ambush  One thing I do know about the former MISL was that last season the Wave were a lot better than the Ambush.  Milwaukee -7.5 o/u 18.5

Syracuse Silver Knights @ Baltimore Blast  I am open minded.  I have never seen MPS.  I am interested in what it looks like and how is affects the game.  I will give it a fair shot and reserve my judgment until later into the season.  Syracuse have beaten the Blast before, but I doubt they do it on the road in the Baltimore home opener.  Baltimore - 4.5 o/u 18.5 (MPS)

Monterrey Flash @ Las Vegas Legends  Las Vegas is a good team, and the Flash will be coming off of a game on Friday night in Ontario.  The Flash are a good team as well, but the fatigue of travel and of the previous game will affect their play, especially this early in the season. I think that the key to the game for the Legends is possession.  Las Vegas needs to keep the Flash from playing a fast pace game with lots of 1 on 1 breakaways and wild rebound shots.  The Flash on the other hand can shoot from distance and have lots of players with bursting speed.  This game will be fun to watch and it would be crazy if Vegas went into OT three games in a row.  Las Vegas -0.5 o/u 14.5

Sacramento Surge @ Ontario Fury  The Fury start MASL week #3 out with the first game, and end it with the last game.  Sacramento have never really been a team to get excited about, and I am sure that this season won't be any different.  Ontario on paper look like a good team, but need to prove it in between the walls.  The Fury will win, and Sacramento will pick up the second loss of the season, putting them at 4-28 lifetime.  Ontario -5.5 o/u 16.5

No comments:

Post a Comment