Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Lavishly Line's Playoff Week #2

Cincinnati Saints @ Cleveland Freeze  The last time the Saints came to Cleveland to face the Freeze, Cleveland scored 9 unanswered points to put the game out of reach early, and Cincinnati just couldn't recover from that.  The Saints offense was also held to 14 less shot on goal than that of the Freezes offense.  So, playing "Captain Obvious" I would say that Cincinnati needs to control the bleeding in this next game, as in not letting Cleveland score 9 unanswered goals.  Dropping behind by a lot of goals early is very demoralizing and is hard to recover from as a team.  "Captain Obvious" also says, "Shoot the ball!"  A sloppy scrappy lucky goal is still a goal.  I do remember watching the last game between these two teams and thinking to myself a few times, "Just shoot it!"  Goals don't need to be pretty, just put the ball on goal, and crash the net looking for the rebound shot or the redirection, especially when you are trailing late in the game as a team.  That being said, I think Cleveland will pull this one off at home, but I think the Saints keep this game interesting and a lot closer than last time.  Cleveland -2.5 o/u 20

Monterrey Flash @ Hidalgo La Fiera  Hidalgo is at home and is coming off of a bye, but my gut is telling me that Monterrey is the favorite in this game.  The Flash just won a tough game on the road in Dallas against the Sidekicks, and I think that they are carrying a lot of momentum into this game.  Hidalgo has a great defense led by keeper Juan Gamboa and a quality offense with a mix of veteran and youthful weapons that can play good soccer, but their is something about Monterrey, their skill, composure, and experience that makes me think that they should be favored to win this game, even though Hidalgo is at home, and La Fiera beat the Flash in both previous meetings in Hidalgo.  What ever the outcome, I am sure this will be an exciting and physical battle that will come down to the last buzzer.  Monterrey -.5 o/u 12

San Diego Sockers @ Las Vegas Legends  Las Vegas is coming off of the bye and has had a great season statistically, and have added good players to the roster during the season, namely Sesay and Piffer.  San Diego has handled Las Vegas before when they faced each other at the Orleans, but the Las Vegas Soccer Park is new territory for the Sockers.  Las Vegas is dangerous because they are hungry for a playoff win and a chance to go to Chicago for a shot at the Ron Newman Cup.  A lot of people would put the Sockers as the favorites in this game, but I am not.  I will give the Legends the slight advantage because they are playing at home, in their practice facility, after getting some rest during the bye week, and having all of that time to prepare for San Diego.  Both of these teams know each other well, and the rivalry between them has heated up ever since the Legends upset the Sockers in San Diego.  This game will be awesome.  I just hope that the internet feed at the LVSP is excellent so I can watch this game without any glitches and hang ups.  I am bummed I can't make the trip to Vegas to support the Sockers, but I am moving this weekend.  Moving Sucks!  This game will be a toss up, but Las Vegas gets the slight advantage.  Las Vegas -.5 o/u 14 UPDATE: After thinking about this some more I have decided to change the bet to Las Vegas + 1 o/u 14.5  But I reserve the right to change the line before Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment